HPS Standard Helm
HPS™ Mechanical Rotary Steering system: HPS™ Rotary High Performance Steering by SeaStar Solutions is the best 3-turn way to steer a power-assisted sterndrive! Designed exclusively for power-steered boats, HPS reduces backlash (free-play at the wheel) associated with power steered boats by up to 50%!Applications: HPS™ Rotary is ideal for all power-assisted sterndrives that can accept a mechanical steering cable. It replaces standard current generation Safe-T® steering without dash modifications and most other rotary steering systems with minimal dash modifications. HPS Rotary is available in single cable configuration and is for single station use only. It accepts wheels up to 16" diameter.Features:
- Designed exclusively for boats with power-assisted steering.
- Unique 3-turn helm with planetary gears and coated helical steering cable combine to deliver a compact helm with incredible response and minimal lost motion!
- HPS Rotary helms fit industry-standard Teleflex dash cutouts: either Safe-T/Rotary NFB™ or Tilt.
- Compact helm takes up little room behind the dash.
- Designed to handle normal steering loads.
- Standard 3/4” round tapered steering shaft.
- Stainless steel cable output ends.
- Fast, easy installation: uses Teleflex Quick Connect™ (QC) cable (SSC62XX) & standard Safe-T mounting hardware.
- Meets A.B.Y.C. standards.
- Meets N.M.M.A. certification requirements.